Notice of Public Hearings
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
Docket B14-03: Proposed Metrobus Service Changes
Notice is hereby given that six public hearings will be held by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority on the docket mentioned above as follows:
Hearing No. 596
Monday, September 15, 2014
Oxon Hill Library
6200 Oxon Hill Rd
Oxon Hill, MD
Free shuttle to/from Southern Ave station
I wanted to let you know about proposed Metrobus service changes that may affect Forest Heights residents. Metro will be accepting feedback from riders and residents about these proposals in a series of public hearings in September and early October.
Proposals for the Forest Heights area include:
· D12, D13, D14: Add later service in the evenings, starting with Sunday evening service and adding later weekday trips as budget allows.
· P17, P19, W13: Eliminate boarding/alighting restrictions and instead institute a limited stop segment between the beltway and the Navy Yard. One of the proposed pairs of stops is at Indian Head Highway, just inside the beltway. This should be a huge improvement for your constituents, as they would gain access to direct service into downtown.
· P18: Reroute to serve Southern Avenue Metro Station instead of Anacostia Station. All Forest Heights stops will still be served.
· W14: Reroute to serve Oxon Hill Park & Ride, with timed transfers to the NH1 (proposed to be rerouted to Southern Avenue Station). This route would no longer serve a Metrorail station or existing Forest Heights stops.
· W15: Transfer operation of this route to Prince George’s County TheBus.
All interested persons can also provide written feedback about the proposals, whether or not they attend a hearing.
Complete information about hearing dates, locations, and testimony and feedback can be found at: http://www.wmata.com/hearings
In addition, I would be happy to answer any questions. I hope to see you at the Oxon Hill Library hearing on September 15, where an open house will begin at 6PM and the hearing at 6:30.