Apply for a Library Card
Civic City Library cards are free to all Kansas residents. Please bring the following to the library to get your free card:
- Proof of current mailing address and telephone number
- Valid identification
You must be age 18 or older to get a library card. For patrons under 18, a parent or guardian must be present to show identity and sign for the child.
Guidelines for Borrowing Materials
- Books, audio books, and music CDs can be checked out for 21 days
- Fiction - Limit of 30 (one renewal)
- For new books there is a limit of five books per checkout and renewals are not allowed
- Non-fiction - Limit of three books per subject
- Non-fiction children's collection - Limit of two books per subject
- There is a limit of 30 items per library card (one renewal)
- There is a limit of five items for new books
Fees & Renewing Materials
Overdue materials are charged $0.20 per day. Overdue videos and DVDs are charged $1.00 per day. The library will send three overdue notices, and the request will then go to a collection agency.
Materials can be renewed by going to the Online Catalog and using the renew function under My Account.